Link to sermon audio
God Still Leads His People
Exodus 40:33b-38 (p. 153) June 25, 2017
So the cloud of the Lord was over the tabernacle by day,
and fire was in the cloud by night,
in the sight of all the house of Israel during all their travels.
The birth of a covenant people
. . . . and so Moses finished the work. Exodus 40:33b
- Led the Exodus –> Experiencing God’s SALVATION
- Mediated the Law –> Responding with the OBEDIENCE of faith [see Romans 1:5-6, p. 1746
- Built the Tabernacle –> Enjoying God’s PRESENCE = WORSHIP [it’s a transitive verb!
Following the glory
In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle,
they would set out . . . .
Exodus 40:36 (see Numbers 10:11-13, p. 223)
- God still invites TOUGH QUESTIONS
- Today, God leads first through HIS WORD = SCRIPTURE
- Confidence begins with THE STORY OF MY SALVATION
- JESUS is at the center
More good teaching on Exodus 40
Bob Deffinbaugh’s Exodus sermon “The Consecration”
Ligon Duncan’s message “The Glory Cloud”
at http://www.fpcjackson.org/resource-library/series index/exodus.
For a deeper look into Covenant Theology, see the resources (Doug really likes J. I. Packer’s articles and Robert Reymond’s “Five Arguments” article) collected
Charles Hodge’s brief introduction to the Ten Commandments
See the wonderful collection of sermons